Friday, May 2, 2014

Review: A Temptation of Angels (repost from my Goodreads review)

Disclaimer: This is purely a result of me having no life. If you have any complaints or violent reactions, then I suggest that you go amuse yourself. Thank you.


ABOUT THE BOOK:

 Author: Michelle Zink

Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.



BOOK REVIEW:

I'm amused at how much publicity "A Temptation of Angels" is getting. Zink's team knows their shit. And really, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just plain amused.

I'm amused that everybody seemed to LURV this oh-so-good-novel.

I'm amused that I didn't. It made me completely lethargic and apathetic.

I'm amused that it promised me a "page-turning epic romance experience".

I'm amused that I have to contradict that. If there's anything epic about this novel... well, there is nothing really epic about this. Otherwise, I have to say some very bad words next to epic. So let's drop it, ok?

I'm amused that it made the "Amazing Covers of 2012" list. There is nothing amazing about a girl looking fascinated with smoke or fog or whatever that thing is.


Actual book cover.



I'm amused that Zink's amazing team managed to miss - not one, not two, not even three - but FOUR  FREAKIN' books with the exact same cover (minus the smoke or fog or whatever that thing is) .


(click on each cover for book details)













I'm amused that this book lacks originality. This is your TYPICAL YA. This book is both meh on the inside and outside.

I'm amused that the story happened in London yet it never really showed me London. A tourist's map is by far more descriptive and exciting than this book.

I'm amused that I was not enlightened at all. It left me in a very dark place, with my very dark thoughts.

I'm amused that this had been a complete waste of time, effort, and more effort. Because I needed to put a lot of effort into finishing this book. Wait, sorry, I take that back. I DID NOT finish this book. I ran out of Advils, you see.

RATING:



Michelle Zink, congratulations on amusing me and making me brain dead with every horrifying page turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment